Any Trail, Any time. With the Genius 930, this phrase has never rung truer. With our TwinLoc Suspension System to always optimize your ride, a SRAM Eagle drivetrain and Syncros components, the 930 will get you up and down the mountain without breaking the bank.
- With the proper selection of materials, eighty percent of the work to create a frame is done. But the remaining twenty percent requires most of our efforts. For this reason, our choice of the most advanced carbon fibers in the market is followed by intensive use of specific tools, like FEA (finite element analysis) software, to map out the carbon lay-up.
- With FEA software, we can simulate different forces on a virtual model of the frame and adjust the frame construction accordingly. FEA software enables us to create complete virtual prototypes incorporating all the physical phenomena that exist in real-world environments.
- With our Evo-Lap technology we model the frame to optimize the surface area, simulate tube structures with different ply orientations, observe the results of using different configurations, and test the stress distribution in different areas of the frame. Thanks to this extensive computer modeling, we’ve optimized the carbon layers in all the parts of our frame. When the parts were bonded together in the first prototypes, the result was a super light and compact frame without a sacrifice in the stiffness, comfort or impact resistance. The entire range benefited from our EvoLap technology.
ICCR Cable Routing
- On the Scale, Spark, Genius and Ransom, to provide a clean look and a functional solution for all the different control cable standards on the market, cable routing is fully internal and designed for full length cable housing. Routing the cables internally omits bulky external hardware and looks cleaner. The cables can endure a longer lifetime as they are protected within the frame. The entry points are machined alloy removable inserts that come along with the frame and can be chosen according to the setup of the bike. Assembling an electronic group or a dropper post will not be a problem and the look will always be clean-cut.
- On the Scale, Spark, Genius, Ransom and Gambler we’ve redesigned all the parts that can give us significant benefits in terms of performance and functionality. On the previous model the support of the dropout was a bulky additional part molded to the carbon chain stay. The new dropouts are designed to be integrated on the thru-axle system thanks to a hollow tubular design that allows a simple and light weight structure. Available for SRAM and Shimano DM derailleurs, this dropout increases the stiffness and avoids damage to the frame in case of impacts on the rear derailleur.
One Frame Two Wheel Sizes
- With our mountain bikes, we try to achieve ultimate versatility. These specific models can switch from 27.5" to 29" wheels with nothing more than the flip of a chip. No need to change the fork, all you need to do is flip a shock mount chip, change your wheels and off you go. The flip chip allows us to maintain a similar BB height when switching from one wheel size to the other which is key to keeping handling similar for both wheel sizes. With 27.5" wheels, you can run either 2.5", 2.6" or 2.8" tires. For the 29er, anywhere from 2.4"-2.6" is good to go.
Genius Trail Geometry
- The Genius has always been a bike designed to go up as well as it went down, and vice a versa. For 2018, we wanted to re-emphasize this point. We designed the Genius specifically in search of balance. Compared to the previous iteration, this one is slacker, has longer reach, shorter chainstays and a steeper seat angle. We really wanted geometry figures that would balance out the long front end for more stable descending. What we've ended up with is a bike that climbs like a bat out of hell and gets you down the mountain faster than you can say "dropping!" After years of testing different options, these numbers are a result of taking everything we want out of a bike for the trails we ride, and building it.
- Genius Carbon HMF-Alloy Frame
- FOX 34 Float Performance 150mm Fork
- FOX Nude T EVOL, TwinLoc, 150mm
- SRAM NX Eagle 12 Speed
- Shimano 4 Piston Disc Brakes
- Syncros Revelstoke 2.5 TR Wheels
- Maxxis Kevlar Tires
- Syncros Dropper Post and Parts
A dropper seatpost allows you to quickly lower and raise your seat to give you an ideal riding position. Dropping your seat creates a lower center of gravity for better control and maneuverability on steep descents, while raising it puts you at normal riding height for efficient pedaling.
Construction can include either hydraulic- or cable-actuated systems and the post’s travel can either be infinitely adjustable or stopped at set intervals, depending on the model.
Dropper seatposts come in standard lengths and diameters and vary by the amount of travel.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Genius Carbon / IMP technology / HMF Mainframe, BB92 / Alloy SL 6011 swingarm, VLK Virtual 4 Link kinematic, 27.5" (2.6 & 2.8) and 29" (2.4 & 2.6) tire compatible with Geo -BB adj., SW dropouts for Boost 12x148mm, TBC Trunnion box construction|
|Fork||FOX 34 Float Performance Air, Rail 3 / 3-Modes / 15x110mm QR axle / tapered steerer, 44mm offset / Reb. Adj. / Lockout / 150mm travel|
|Headset||Syncros Pro Press Fit E2 / Tapered 1.5"-1 1/8", OD 50/62mm / ID 44/56mm|
|Rear Shock||FOX NUDE T EVOL Trunnion, SCOTT custom w. travel / geo adj., 3 modes: Lockout-Traction Control-Descend, custom large Air volume / DPS / Reb. Adj., Travel 150-100-Lockout / 185X55mm,|
Front: 15 x 110mm QR axle
Rear: 12 x 148mm Boost axle
|Rims/Wheels||Syncros Revelstoke 2.5 6 Bolt, F: 15x110mm, R: 12x148mm Boost, 30mm Tubeless ready rim 28H, Syncros Axle w/Removable Lever with Tool|
|Tires||Front: Maxxis Dissector 29x2.6", Rear: Maxxis Rekon 29 x2.6, Specs: 60TPI Kevlar Bead / EXO / Tubeless ready / 3C Maxx Terra|
|Crankset||SRAM NX Eagle DUB Boost, 32t|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB PF integrated / shell 41 x 92mm|
|Chain||SRAM CN NX Eagle|
|Front Derailleur||SCOTT custom|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM NX / Eagle 12-Speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM SX-PG1210 / 11-50t|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle Trigger|
|Handlebars||Syncros Hixon 1.5 / Alloy 7050D.B., 12mm rise / 9° / 780mm, Syncros Pro lock-on grips|
|Stem||Syncros FL1.5 / Alloy 2014, integrated Spacer & Top Cap / 31.8mm / 6° / 1 1/8"|
|Brakes||Shimano MT520 4 Piston Disc, 203/F and 180/R SM-RT66 rotor|
|Saddle||Syncros Tofino 2.0 Regular, CRMO rails|
|Seat Post||Syncros Duncan Dropper 2.0 Remote, 31.6mm / S size 100mm / M 125mm / L & XL 150mm|
|Accessories & Extras||Syncros Trail Fender|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Brown/Black / Small||192820160443||274645006|
|Brown/Black / Medium||192820160450||274645007|
|Brown/Black / Large||192820160467||274645008|
|Brown/Black / X-Large||192820160474||274645009|