We joined forces with legendary skateboarding pioneer, Tony Hawk, on a very special graphic release on one of our favorite boards. Featuring classic Birdhouse graphics and just the right amount of K2 vibes, this K2 x Tony Hawk collaboration is extremely limited and sure to move fast.
Many "shaped" snowboards are built to zero-in on one specific riding style. This is NOT one of those snowboards. The K2 Party Platter is purpose-built to be a daily driver for slashing berms, laying down carves, and plowing your way through thigh-deep pow.
To give the directional, mid-flexing Party Platter a versatile and playful feel, we built it on a Combination Camber profile that drops camber in between the feet and mellow rocker just outside of the bindings. This provides stability at higher speeds and allows the edges to track and hold while carving, all while retaining an easy pivoting feel for smooth ground tricks. Our Volume Shift and design minimizes toe and heel drag and provides float in deep snow.
The BAP Core is built from sustainably harvested timber and gives the board a smooth and even flex while absorbing vibration and chatter for control in all conditions. Our Carbon Ollie Bar is strategically placed in between the inserts, giving the Party Platter big-time snap and rebound for launching side hits. We wrap the core with biaxially woven fiberglass for edge-hold that can be fine-tuned by the rider depending on how and where pressure is applied to the board. The icing on the cake is our Sintered 4000 base, composed of a supremely tough and durable material that soaks up wax like a sponge and gives you the speed you want for lacing pow turns or lining up the big jump in the park.
- CATEGORY: All Mountain, Powder
- SHAPE: Directional
- FLEX: 6
- CORE: BAP
- DIMENSIONS: 31 - 27 - 30mm @ 152cm
- GLASS: Biax
- ADDITIVE: Ollie Bar
- INSERTS: 2 X 4
- WIDTH: Standard
- BASE: 4000 Sintered
- PROFILE: Combination Camber
- BAP Core: We've blended three species of renewable timber to assemble a core that's strong, lightweight, and designed to enhance dampening without the addition of other materials.
- Biaxial Glass: Smooth all-purpose performance with a no-frills design. Fibers are woven together at 0° and 90°, creating a more forgiving flex pattern.
- Sintered 4000 Base: Our Sintered 4000 base absorbs wax deep into the material for relentless glide and unrivaled durability.
- Ollie Bar: Built in place in a pre-loaded cambered shape and placed between the binding inserts, the Ollie Bar silences the myth that rocker boards don't have the same pop that cambered snowboards do.
- Volume Shift: We've moved volume from the tips and tails of traditional snowboard shapes and placed it underfoot where it can be better controlled. This makes a wider, shorter design that maintains the same float and stability of a traditional board, but increases mobility and maneuverability. More slashing and better lines in the trees are now a reality.
- 2 X 4 Insert Binding Mountain: 2 x 4 Insert packs allow for secure binding mounting while optimizing stance-width options.
|Size (cm)||Effective Edge (cm)||Tip/waist/tail (cm)||Sidecut (m)||Stance (in)||Setback (in)||Weight Range (lbs)|
|138||95||28.1 - 24.7 - 27.1||7.8||20"||Centered||120 - 200+|
|142||97||28.9 - 25.4 - 28.0||7.8||21"||Centered||130 - 230+|
|147||101||30.0 - 26.2 - 29.0||7.8||21"||Centered||130 - 230+|
|152||104||31.0 - 27.0 - 30.0||7.8||22"||Centered||130 - 230+|
|157||108||32.0 - 27.9 - 31.0||7.8||23"||Centered||130 - 230+|