A Birdhouse Skateboards twist on a K2 Classic. The K2 Afterblack is designed for the intermediate-to-expert level snowboarder and is a mid-flexing true-twin with a Combination Camber Profile - with camber in between the bindings and rocker on the outside of the inserts - giving it a playful feel while still being able to hold speed and track straight into the next feature.
The K2 Afterblack is a premium freestyle snowboard that specializes in night missions, wall rides, huge airs, and promises to come through in the clutch to give you the confidence to give it one more go.
Designed for the intermediate-to-expert level snowboarder, the Afterblack is a mid-flexing true-twin with a Combination Camber Profile - with camber in between the bindings and rocker on the outside of the inserts - giving it a playful feel while still being able to hold speed and track straight into the next feature. Its tri-blend BAP Core blends bamboo, aspen, and paulownia woods together to deliver snap and rebound while damping vibration on the harshest landings.
Wrapping the core, tip-to-tail triaxially woven fiberglass and Carbon DarkWeb gives the Afterblack stability and edge control for popping off lips and sending big side hits, and the fast and durable Sintered 4000 base soaks up wax to ensure you'll have enough speed to send you well past the knuckle and down to the sweet spot in the landing.
- BOARD SHAPE: Twin
- PROFILE: Combination Camber
- SHAPE NOTES: Traditional Shape
- BASE: 4000 Sintered
- CORE: BAP
- GLASS: Triax
- ADDITIVE: Carbon DarkWeb
- INSERTS: 2 X 4
- FLEX: 6
- CATEGORY: All Mountain, Freestyle
- WIDTH: Standard, Wide
- DIMENSIONS: 29.5 - 25.2 - 29.5mm @ 154cm
- BAP Core: We've blended three species of renewable timber to assemble a core that's strong, lightweight, and designed to enhance dampening without the addition of other materials.
- Triaxial Glass: A glass laminate with diagonal layers that adds torsional stiffness for increased stability and improved edge hold. The fibers three layers of fibers are woven at 45°, 45°, and 0°. This makes for a more responsive ride longitudinally and torsionally.
- Sintered 4000 Base: Our Sintered 4000 base absorbs wax deep into the material for relentless glide and unrivaled durability.
- Carbon DarkWeb: A carbon fiber lay-up that aids in energy transfer and stability, speeding up edge-to-edge transitions and keeping you in control in times of need.
- 2 X 4 Insert Binding Mounting: 2x4 Insert packs allow for secure binding mounting while optimizing stance-width options
|Size (cm)||Effective Edge (cm)||Tip/waist/tail (cm)||Sidecut (m)||Stance (in)||Setback (in)||Weight Range (lbs)|
|149||111.76||28.5 - 25.0 - 28.9||8||20”||Centered||110 - 180+|
|151||115||29.2 - 25.1 - 29.2||8.1||21”||Centered||120 - 190+|
|154||116.84||29.5 - 25.2 - 29.5||8.1||21”||Centered||120 - 190+|
|157||119||29.8 - 25.4 - 29.8||8.2||22”||Centered||130 - 200+|
|160||122||30.1 - 25.7 - 30.1||8.2||22”||Centered||130 - 220+|
|156W||119||30.5 - 26.1 - 30.5||8.1||21”||Centered||130 - 220+|
|159W||121||30.9 - 26.3 - 30.9||8.2||22”||Centered||130 - 230+|