The SCOTT Contessa Spark 930 has a super-light Alloy frame, as well as an X-Fusion NUDE shock with three modes. Throw in a SRAM Eagle Drivetrain and you've got a lightweight, durable and affordable bike that retains the great geometry and ride of its Carbon cousins.
The Spark down tube shock and linkage are clearly asymmetric, when looking from the top of the bike. Carbon fibers achieve their full potential when used in smooth straight lines. Off setting the shock slightly to the left hand side of the bike gives a clean and continuous structure from the down tube through the shock mount to the main pivot.
TwinLoc Suspension System
- With TwinLoc, a rider can effectively control the complete frame, fork, and shock as a system. Why does this matter? A bike with 150mm of suspension travel, correctly set up, has more sag than a bike with 130mm. It's that extra travel that makes it more fun to ride and more capable on the descents, but the greater sag has an oversized effect on the bike's geometry and climbing performance. That's where TwinLoc matters.
- TwinLoc helps manage the sag effect in several ways. Whereas most systems only increase low-speed compression in an effort to gain pedaling efficiency, TwinLoc allows us to not only change compression damping, but also to change the spring curve, dynamically altering the geometry of the bike. In Trail mode, the shock is not only firmer, but it has dynamically less travel. The bike sits higher, maintains a steep seat angle for those climbs, and becomes more agile. We also offer a third, full lockout mode for going up in the most efficient manner possible.
- These unique settings optimize climbing geometry, even on longer travel bikes. We can eliminate the "long travel effect" that can rob your pedaling efficiency, but we're not robbing you of the full-fun, 150m travel when you point it downhill. From a race setting, to a lunch ride, to an after work trail shred, being able to switch from mode to mode depending on a trails profile at the push of a lever is paramount to riding faster and having a damned good time.
Improved roll-over is the most noticeable attribute when it comes to 29” wheels. The big wheels are great for rolling over nasty roots and rocky sections, essentially making it easier to ride these conditions. Improved traction is also a key factor with the increased wheel diameter compared to 27.5” wheels as tire contact to the ground is larger.
- Spark Alloy SL Frame
- RockShox Judy 120mm Fork
- X-Fusion Nude, TwinLoc, 100mm
- SRAM SX Eagle 12 Speed
- Shimano Disc Brakes
- Syncros X-25 Rims
- Maxxis Rekon Tires
- Syncros Dropper Post and Parts
Pedals sold separately
A dropper seatpost allows you to quickly lower and raise your seat to give you an ideal riding position. Dropping your seat creates a lower center of gravity for better control and maneuverability on steep descents, while raising it puts you at normal riding height for efficient pedaling.
Construction can include either hydraulic- or cable-actuated systems and the post’s travel can either be infinitely adjustable or stopped at set intervals, depending on the model.
Dropper seatposts come in standard lengths and diameters and vary by the amount of travel.
|Frame||Spark 3 Alloy SL 6011 custom butted Hydroformed tubes tapered Headtube / BB92 dropouts for 5x141mm 2.6 tire compatible|
|Fork||RockShox Judy Silver TK Solo Air 15x110mm QR axle / Tapered Steerer / Reb. Adj. 2 Modes / Lockout / 120mm travel|
|Headset||Syncros OE Press Fit / Tapered 1.5"-1 1/8" OD 50/61mm / ID 44/55mm|
|Rear Shock||X-Fusion NUDE Trunnion SCOTT custom w. travel / geo adj. 3 modes: Lockout-Traction Control -Descend Reb. Adj. Travel 120-85-Lockout / 165X45mm|
Front: 15 x 110mm QR axle
Rear: 12 x 148mm Boost axle
|Rims/Wheels||Syncros X-25 / 32H / 25mm|
Front: Formula CL811 / 15x110mm
Rear: Formula CL2241 / 5 x 141mm
|Tires||Maxxis Rekon / 2.4" / 60TPI|
|Crankset||SRAM SX Eagle DUB Boost|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB PF integrated / shell 41x92mm|
|Chain||SRAM CN SX Eagle|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM SX / Eagle 12-Speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM SX-PG1210 / 11-50t|
|Shifters||SRAM SX Eagle Trigger|
|Handlebars||Syncros Alloy 6061 T shape Flat / 9°|
|Tape/Grips||740mm Syncros Pro lock-on grips|
|Stem||Syncros Alloy 6061 oversized 31.8mm / 1 1/8" / 6° angle|
|Brakes||Shimano MT201 Disc 180mm F&R SM-RT10 CL rotor|
|Saddle||Syncros Savona V-Concept 2.5|
|Seat Post||Syncros Duncan Dropper 2.5 Remote 31.6mm / S size 100mm / M, L 125mm|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Purple / Small||192820170459||274788006|
|Purple / Medium||192820170466||274788007|
|Purple / Large||192820170473||274788008|