Many "shaped" snowboards are built to zero-in on one specific riding style. This is NOT one of those snowboards. The K2 Party Platter is purpose-built to be a daily driver for slashing berms, laying down carves, and plowing your way through thigh-deep pow.
To give the directional, mid-flexing Party Platter a versatile and playful feel, we built it on a Combination Camber profile that drops camber in between the feet and mellow rocker just outside of the bindings. This provides stability at higher speeds and allows the edges to track and hold while carving, all while retaining an easy pivoting feel for smooth ground tricks. Our Volume Shift and design minimizes toe and heel drag and provides float in deep snow.
The BAP Core is built from sustainably harvested timber and gives the board a smooth and even flex while absorbing vibration and chatter for control in all conditions. Our Carbon Ollie Bar is strategically placed in between the inserts, giving the Party Platter big-time snap and rebound for launching side hits. We wrap the core with biaxially woven fiberglass for edge-hold that can be fine-tuned by the rider depending on how and where pressure is applied to the board. The icing on the cake is our Sintered 4000 base, composed of a supremely tough and durable material that soaks up wax like a sponge and gives you the speed you want for lacing pow turns or lining up the big jump in the park.
- BAP Core: A tri-blend wood core harnesses the rebound, strength, and feel of sustainably harvested Bamboo, Aspen, and Paulownia timber species.
- Biax Glass: A fiberglass weave intersecting at 90° angles provides just the right amount of torsional flexibility and strength.
- Ollie Bar
- Hybritech Sidewall Construction: A K2 exclusive. By transitioning from a P-Tex sidewall into a capped construction in the tip and tail of our snowboards, we are able to reduce waste while giving our snowboards better energy transfer and making them more durable than our competitors.
- Sintered 4000 Base: Hard, fast, and durable, our Sintered Base material holds wax better than extruded materials, increasing speed and glide.
- Volume Shift: We reduce swing weight and toe/heel drag by shifting surface area from the tip and tail to the waist of the snowboard. Downsize from 4-10 cms from your usual snowboard length.